Steps to Health Color Me Healthy
Steps to Health Color Me Healthy serves preschoolers and kindergarteners across North Carolina in schools, Head Start, and Child Care Centers.
Color Me Healthy is a nutrition and physical activity program for children ages four and five. It is designed to stimulate all the senses of young children: touch, smell, sight, sound, and of course, taste. It uses color, music, and exploration of the senses to teach children that healthy eating and physical activity are fun.
Steps to Health Color Me Healthy is comprised of nine lessons chosen from the Color Me Healthy curriculum. Taste tests have been added to coincide with each lesson in order to enhance the multi-sensory learning experience. Parent handouts were enriched to contain nutrition tips, family physical activity suggestions, reading book recommendations, and grocery store adventures. All participants are awarded a certificate of participation at the completion of the program. Evaluation of the program is conducted via parent and teacher feedback forms.
- Color Me Healthy Participation Letter
- Teacher Agreement
- Attendance Form – writable
- CMH Schedule Template
- Educator Feedback
- Teacher Feedback
- Certificate Template
- Certificate Template with Extra Signature Line
- Certificate Template with Fruits and Vegetables
- Supplemental Activity: My Garden Worksheet
Steps to Health Color Me Healthy Site Eligibility:
- Head Starts automatically meet eligibility requirements.
- For elementary schools, use this spreadsheet to confirm that a school qualifies: Eligible Schools
- For questions on determining school eligibility, contact email@example.com
- For virtual surveys and data-related information, please contact STH-DataManager@ncsu.com